Sunday, May 17, 2009

On the mend?

We've had a rough time here lately. Seems we were sick most of April; it started the last week of March and just won't let go of us!

But I think, I hope, we're on the mend. Lily's sick today, but I think it's just the last vestiges of whatever we've all been fighting.

Due to all that, we got a late start on our Spring to do list. My seedlings got a late start and only a handful are ready to go into the garden. So I went ahead and bought some ready-to-go plants. Happened upon a local greenhose that had San Marzano tomato plants! I was so excited and of course bought a few. The ones I started from seed last year fizzled out...the ones we did manage to harvest were really good paste tomatoes so here's hoping we'll have more and more.

We're now home to 7 new kittens and 6 chicks. Scott built a great coop for them, I'll get pics soon (when I'm not holding a sick, snootchy kiddo lol). We're getting 6 more next month (the breed I wanted wasn't readily available yet) for a total of 12. I think that's probably as many as we'll do. I've been jokingly telling Scott if this adventure goes well we'll have to discuss a milk cow. :)

Other than that, we're getting some things done around the house and just enjoying the nice weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment