Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sourdough Revisted

Just an update on my starter...I thought it looked "done" two days ago. I proofed it overnight and made bread yesterday in the AM. It really didn't rise much and I was very disappointed, though it tasted like sourdough should.

So I kept the starter going, and I'm happy to report that today it is much more healthy and alive than it was when I tried the bread. It's now doubling itself after a feeding, which it wasn't so much the other day. I'm not getting the separation of wet stuff, or "hooch", as I was...it's all cohesive and very bubbly! I'm going to proof again overnight and we shall see...

Though I still feel that I'm not a huge sourdough fan. My husband says he loves sourdough, so I'll keep at it. Maybe I'll learn to like it more.

I also started some whole wheat starter a few days ago. It's...there lol We'll see if it surprises me as much as my current starter...

I'll post pics if I have success tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment