Sunday, March 8, 2009

Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made these this week...the kids devour them...and I like them too lol

1 cup butter (I prefer butter for baking, but margarine works well too)
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Mix butter and sugars together well. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well. Add vanilla and mix again.

In separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. I don't have a sifter and I've found that either whisking the dry ingredients or stirring with a fork gets the same light consistency.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet. When mixed, add the oats, chocolate chips and pecans.

Bake at 350 for about 9 minutes. Time it, don't let them start to brown. I always take them out before they really look done.

You don't HAVE to use bread flour...but bread flour tends to make them nice and chewy. If you use AP flour they'll be crunchier, but still amazing!

The pecans are also not totally necessary, but they really take them to the next level. We love these cookies and I hope someone out there enjoys them too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment